Canvas is a web-based learning management system that makes it easy to host recorded lectures and facilitate instruction remotely, including course announcements, assignments, discussions, quizzes and exams, and grading.
Accessing and Logging into Canvas
You can access and launch Canvas from my.newschool.edu using your Single Sign-On credentials.
When you log into my.newschool.edu, you’ll see a menu in the top-right of your screen next to your profile photo. If you click on that menu, a list of apps opens up. In that list, you’ll find the Zoom application. Or, you can access Canvas directly at canvas.newschool.edu.
Quick Links for Using Canvas
- Log in to Canvas and find your course.
- Create your Canvas Course Site
- Send an Announcement to the entire class.
- Use Inbox to send individual or group messages.
- Create a module to organize your course content
- Add your syllabus to your class
- Upload files and list readings resources
- Add a hyperlink to link out to external pages or material
- Create a recorded lecture (using Zoom!)
- How to add and manage media in Canvas
Canvas Tutorial Videos
Visit Using Canvas to Prepare Asynchronous Content for more information and to watch tutorials on the below topics:
- Setting Up Course Settings in Canvas
- Adding a Syllabus to Canvas
- Creating a Module Modifying Grades in Canvas
- Adding Media Gallery in Canvas
- Storing Media in Canvas
- Sharing Videos in Canvas