Data security and privacy
The Information Security and Privacy Office (ISPO) is part of the Information Technology department and has university-wide responsibilities. We serve the entire New School community, including students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Among other things, our office:
- develops policies, standards, and guidelines for security and privacy
- delivers information security and privacy awareness training so that faculty and staff understand their responsibilities when handling personal data.
- negotiates the privacy and security aspects of contracts for vendors that process data, such as Canvas, Banner, WorkDay
- responds to data breach events and incidents
- leads the implementation of privacy and security technologies and services
For specific guidance for faculty, please review the Privacy Information and Security Guidance for Faculty.
To learn more about how the university uses, stores, transfers, and protects personal data, please read our Privacy Notices.