Counseling Services: Information for Students
Student Health Service offers in-person and telecounseling services to students. You can schedule your first session by emailing email@example.com or through the Student Health Services Portal.
During your initial Brief Assessment appointment, you and a counselor will make a plan for treatment, based on your current needs. If longer-term or specialized treatment is needed, the counselor can help you to find an appropriate treatment option in your local community. Group counseling is also offered and students can be in both individual and group counseling simultaneously.
Before your first session please also review the following documents:
Students who are an immediate danger to themselves or others should call 911 in the United States or go to the nearest hospital emergency department. The following hotlines are also available 24-7:
- NYC WELL: 1.888.692.9355 (or text “WELL” to 65173)
- National Crisis Text Line: Text “Start” to 741.741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
- National Graduate Student Crisis Line: 1.800.472.3457
- Trans Lifeline: 1.877.565.8860
- Trevor Project: 1.866.488.7386
Students studying outside of the United States can find crisis resources on the following websites: